Friday, October 20, 2006

A Beginning

These are the musings of a confessional Lutheran pastor in the ELCA on various matters: issues within the Church, matters peculiar to troubled Lutherans in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, idle thoughts about books, movies, and other cultural phenomena, as well as prayers and devotional words from the length and breadth of the great cloud of witnesses. As I am new to blogging, this will be a "take one step at a time" enterprise. We'll see how it goes.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer."

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

Welcome to blogging. I've been reading blogs for just over a year. I've appreciated many of the ELCA related blogs because they tend to be thoughtful, well written, and faith centered. They tend to be welcoming.

I've been looking for blogs that might be well written that explore some of the trends in modern American Christianity that aren't mean spirited, but are, rather, good explanations of other points of view. Unfortunately, there are quite a number that don't allow questions or comments that don't agree, or the writers are certain that there is only one right doctrine.

I guess I surf too much...